Applying for an exhibition
The Darling Foundry accepts at all times proposals to exhibit in its exhibition spaces or at an external location for site-specific work.
The proposal must include:
- Application form (pdf)
- Artist statement (maximum 200 words): This letter describes the applicant’s artistic practice.
- Project proposal (maximum 500 words): This descriptive text, along with floor plan if applicable, details the project and lists the materials used and technical needs for the piece(s). It also includes a tentative budget, indicating how the artist anticipates covering costs exceeding the artist fee and technical help provided by the Darling Foundry. THIS SECTION IS OPTIONAL AND CAN BE PRESENTED AS PART OF THE SECOND STEP OF THE SELECTION PROCESS.
- Curriculum vitae (maximum 5 pages): Indicating the applicant’s professional training (educational background, mentors, workshops, etc.); exhibitions, names, and location of galleries, and whether solo or group shows; and other activities related to his or her practice.
- Support materials: 20 digital still images representing the applicant’s current work (jpg format, maximum 1MB per image), applicants may also submit a DVD for works on video (10 minutes maximum), and press reviews or publications.
- Optional: Self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of support materials.
The applications are submitted to the programming committee, who first analyzes the general quality and the compatibility of work with the Darling Foundry's artistic vision.
The pre-selected artist is then asked to submit a more detailed project proposal, taking into account the chosen space. If the project is accepted, exhibition dates are set. If the project is not accepted, the artist has the possibility of proposing other projects in the three years following the date of the first selection.
Please note that the Committee will not program an artist who has had a solo exhibition less than 2 years ago in Montreal.
Proposals can be submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals on CD, DVD or USB keys can be mailed at the adress below:
745 Ottawa Street