The Darling Foundry welcomes proposals from artists and curators for its exhibition spaces and summer outdoor program.
Please send us an application at any time, including:
- the completed application form (to be downloaded from this webpage)
- an artist statement describing your artistic practice (maximum 200 words)
- a project proposal conceived for the Darling Foundry's spaces (maximum 500 words)
- a tentative floor plan (if applicable)
- a curriculum vitae (maximum 5 pages)
- a portfolio with up to 20 images or videos of the applicant’s current work
(PDF or CD-ROM with maximum 1MB per image in JPG format, 10 minutes per video in MP4)
- press reviews and/or publications
You may send your application by email to email@example.com
or by mail to Fonderie Darling - programming committee, 745 Ottawa Street, Montreal (QC) H3C 1R8.
All applications, once they are complete, are reviewed by the programming committee. Selection criteria include: the relevance of the proposal for the exhibition spaces, the compatibility of the work with the Darling Foundry's artistic vision, the overall quality of the application. Please allow up to 8 weeks to hear back from us.
N.B.: please note that the committee will not program an artist who has had a solo exhibition within the past two years in Montreal.